- Tax Reclassification results in $491K in savings for PEO
- Why did PEO cross the street?
- Creating a Beacon of Sustainability
- Building Report Presentation (PowerPoint)
Awards and Certifications
- LEED-Gold for Phase 2 - In 2014, Phase 2 of the 40 Sheppard Ave W. renovations earned LEED-Gold
certification from the Canada Green Building Council. Click
here for the certification review report.
- LEED-Silver for Phase 1 - In 2013, Phase 1 of the move from 25 Sheppard Ave. W. to 40 Sheppard Ave W.
earned LEED-Silver certification from the Canada Green Building Council.
- BOMA rebate - PEO received a rebate totaling almost $232,000
from the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Toronto for its extensive renovations, aimed to
achieve Gold CI certification under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) system.
- Canada's Greenest IT - June 17, 2010 PEO won a nation-wide
search to find the greenest information technology (IT) department. The Quest for Canada’s Smartest IT is an
annual campaign run by IT research firm Info-Tech Research Group that aims to recognize and reward both
Canada's smartest and greenest mid-market IT departments. PEO was recognized for its leadership role in
establishing and maintaining green initiatives as well as their commitment to making PEO a healthier and
greener corporate citizen.
Click here to listen to Diane Freeman, former PEO President (2010-2011), Kim Allen, CEO and Registrar, and Eric Brown, Director Information Technology, discussing PEO’s sustainability initiatives.
- National Association of Office and Industrial Properties (NAIOP) Real Estate Excellence (REX) Award
(NAIOP) nomination - In March 2010, PEO’s acquisition of 40 Sheppard was selected as the runner up in the
National Association of Office and Industrial Properties (NAIOP) Real Estate Excellence (REX) Award under the
category of Investment Deal of the Year 2009.