Order of Honour
The Order is an honorary society of Professional Engineers Ontario. It honours those professional engineers and others who have rendered conspicuous service to the engineering profession, normally through association. Candidates should have made a substantial contribution to the operation of the profession, its professional status, or one of the many specialized functions of the professional association. The association chose the name Order of Honour following extensive research to recognize the service rendered to the profession itself as a symbol that the profession accepts this responsibility with pride.
Each year, the Order of Honour award recipients are recognized at the Order of Honour gala held during the Annual General Meeting weekend.
Click here to see a PowerPoint presentation on the Order of Honour gala.
- Companion - The Order of Honour's highest distinction, the rank of Companion recognizes contributions that exceed those of Officer. It is reserved exclusively for individuals whose distinguished service has profoundly influenced the profession. Companions are presented with the Order of Honour pin mounted above a blue and silver bar.
- Officer - The rank of Officer is bestowed upon those who have served the engineering profession for many years and whose sustained leadership has contributed greatly to its operation or improvement in its status. In recognition of their contributions, Officers receive the Order of Honour pin mounted above a blue bar.
- Member - The member designation honours those who have served the engineering profession by contributing substantially to its operation or improvement in its status. Members in the Order of Honour receive an elegant pin featuring the gold- and silver-plated symbol of the Order mounted above a silver bar.
- Honorary Membership - Individuals who are not professional engineers can be granted honorary membership in the Order at any level, for extraordinary contribution to the profession. Honorary members receive a silver- and gold- plated Order of Honour pin.
The nomination period opens at the beginning of August. The nomination deadline is 4:00 p.m. EST on the second Friday in October. To make a nomination, please consult the following:
- Hints and tips
- Nomination Form (Save to your computer before you fill it out)
- Upgrade Nomination Form (Save to your computer before you fill it out)
If you experience any difficulties accessing anything on this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.