Licence/File Number: Licence number or PEO file number.
P.Eng. = Professional engineer
EIT = Engineering intern
TL = Temporary licence holder
PL = Provisional licence holder
LL = Limited licence holder
Professional Engineer (P.Eng): A licensed engineer that has met all the requirements for licensure in the province of Ontario.
Engineering Intern (EIT): A licence applicant who meets the academic requirements prescribed by the regulations and is enrolled in PEO’s engineering intern training program.
Temporary licence holder (TL): The temporary licence is issued on a project and discipline basis to an individual or company for a maximum period of twelve months from approval.
Limited Licence: Limited Licence holder (licence applied for pre-2015 Regulation change). May use the title LEL.
Limited Licence – LET: Limited Licence holder (licence applied for post-2015 Regulation change) that also holds an active membership with OACETT. May use the title LET and may apply for Certificate of Authorization.
Limited Licence – LEL: Limited Licence holder (licence applied for post-2015 Regulation change). May use the title LEL and may apply for Certificate of Authorization.
Licence Status reflects whether PEO permits an individual who is recorded on the PEO register to practise professional engineering. As of January 1, 2023 PEO recognizes two licence statuses: ‘Permitted to Practice’ or ‘Not Permitted to Practice’ The status is either self-declared by the individual or imposed by PEO.
Permitted to Practice
A status of “Permitted to Practice” indicates that PEO permits the individual to practise professional engineering in Ontario.
Not permitted to Practice
A status of “Not Permitted to Practice” indicates the individual is not permitted to engage in the practice of professional engineering in Ontario for the following reasons:
- They elected to have this licence status with the accompanying practice restriction.
- They are enrolled in the fee remission program.
- Their licence has been cancelled (date) for non-payment of the licence fee.
- They have voluntarily resigned (date) their licence.
- They have been Suspended (dates) by the Registrar.
- They have been Suspended (dates) by order of the Discipline Committee.
- They have been Suspended administratively (date) for incomplete continuing education and professional development.
- Their licence has been Revoked (date) by the Registrar.
- Or their licence has been Revoked (date) by order of the Discipline Committee.